Dear colleagues,

One week before the World Congress of Nephrology, I am pleased to share with you a preview of our study:

RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN POVERTY AND MORTALITY FROM CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE IN PEOPLE OVER 18 YEARS OLD IN THE PERIOD 2019-2021 en Argentina. An Ecological Study

which my team and I have developed, and which has been honorably selected for consideration for the Miatello-Agost Carreño Award. This study not only reflects the current state of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in Argentina but also highlights the challenges and opportunities we face in the field of renal health.

Our work, citing the International Consensus Statement published in Nature Reviews Nephrology, highlights the profound socioeconomic disparities that Argentina faces, using an ecological approach to examine the relationship between poverty and mortality from CKD. Through meticulous analysis, we have identified a significant gap between health care coverage and accessibility, exacerbated by improper management of available resources. This situation underlines the lack of equity in our choropleth map, revealing the urgent need to address these challenges to move towards more inclusive and equitable renal health.

Despite these challenges, I am excited to share that we are witnessing significant progress in Argentina. A paradigm shift is emerging, from a focus on disease to one centered on renal health, with clear signs of multilateral collaboration. This renewed approach promotes prevention, early management of CKD, and informed decision-making.

Our Study: A Call to Action

The study we will present seeks not only to shed light on these issues but also to act as a call to action. The lack of systematized preventive programs that offer personalized care is a critical gap that needs to be addressed. Our findings underline the importance of more effective and equitable resource management, to close the gap between coverage and accessibility, and to advance towards a future where renal health is an accessible reality for everyone in Argentina.

Invitation to the Presentation:

Should we be selected for the Miatello Agost Carreño Award, I extend a warm invitation for you to attend the presentation of our work during the World Congress of Nephrology. It will be an excellent opportunity to discuss these critical issues and explore together paths to effective and sustainable solutions in the fight against CKD.

I deeply appreciate your attention and hope to count on your presence and support in this important discussion.

Warm regards,

Paula Marioli. MD

CEO & Founder. Principal Investigator

RENÁLIDA. Comprehensive Renal Health Platform